jimcrowl

Default Format decimal controls do not work

e are using new computers with a newer version of excel---our existing
programs work fine, except we cannot control number formatting from either
the format cell box or the taskbar decimal control. We simply want to kill
the decimal places, but it will not allow this. Also when you click on the
format cell option you have to do so 3-6 times as it keeps going to the font
subscreen rather than the main screen. Otherwise the program works fine and
displays everything designed in an earlier version of Excell without problems

Gord Dibben

jim

Not sure what you have going on here.

If you type 123 in a cell does it always display as 123.00 and you want it to
display 123?

FormatStyleNormal. What is Number set to? I leave mine at General so it
will not display decimals unless there are decimals.

You can hit the "modify" button to change this.

Also, if you are entering 123 and it shows as 1.23 then go to
ToolsOptionsEdit and uncheck "fixed decimal places".

The FormatCells select will usually show the last Tab used. If it is the
Font Tab then that will show.

Do you have all the appropriate Tabs........Number, Alignment, Font, Border,
Patterns, Protection?

What is the "taskbar decimal control" or do you mean the "toolbar decimals
increase/decrease buttons"?

Gord Dibben Excel MVP