Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Increasing the Source Data range for an existing Pivot Table

Folks,
I had already created a pivot table with a set number of rows. However, I
have added extra rows to the original data.

I know that if I had created a dynamic range then the pivot table would be
able to automatically refresh the data range. However, is there another way
of getting around this issue. Can I just go to Pivot table wizard and select
the new range (this might ask me to recreate the Pivot table).

What else can I do to increase my data range while keeping the same Pivot
worksheet? Thanks for your help.

Shams.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Shams,

If you're using Excel 2003, you can define a list (Data|List|Create
List...), this will allow entries to go at the bottom of the list and you
will be able to refresh the pivot table to include the new data.
--
Hope this helps,
MarkN

"Shams" wrote:

Folks,
I had already created a pivot table with a set number of rows. However, I
have added extra rows to the original data.

I know that if I had created a dynamic range then the pivot table would be
able to automatically refresh the data range. However, is there another way
of getting around this issue. Can I just go to Pivot table wizard and select
the new range (this might ask me to recreate the Pivot table).

What else can I do to increase my data range while keeping the same Pivot
worksheet? Thanks for your help.

Shams.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Yes, you can update the source data.

1. Right-click inside the pivot table; select PivotTable Wizard
2. Click the Back button
3. Update the range as needed
4. Click the Finish button