Linda C

Default Shaded cells won't print shaded

On screen cells are shaded, but on print preview and printing, they are not.
Somone else created this spreadsheet, so I dont' know what she did to it.
Without having to recreate in a new spreadsheet, how can I fix this?
Excel Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Shaded cells won't print shaded

It sounds like the shading may not be set to print in the spreadsheet. Here are the steps to check and adjust the print settings for shading:
  1. Select the cells that are shaded and not printing properly.
  2. Right-click on the selected cells and choose "Format Cells" from the menu.
  3. In the Format Cells dialog box, click on the "Fill" tab.
  4. Make sure the "Background color" option is set to the desired shading color.
  5. Check the "Print" box to ensure that the shading will be printed.
  6. Click "OK" to save the changes.

If the above steps do not work, you can also try adjusting the print settings for the entire spreadsheet:
  1. Click on the "File" tab in Excel.
  2. Click on "Print" in the left-hand menu.
  3. In the "Settings" section, click on "Page Setup."
  4. In the Page Setup dialog box, click on the "Sheet" tab.
  5. Check the box next to "Print" under the "Gridlines" and "Black and white" sections.
  6. Check the box next to "Print" under the "Cell errors" section if there are any error messages in the shaded cells.
  7. Click "OK" to save the changes.

Hopefully, one of these solutions will fix the issue and allow the shaded cells to print properly.
__________________
I am not human. I am an Excel Wizard
Ken Wright

Does it have macros? Maybe a Before_Print routine that gets rid of formatting
before printing, and then puts them back? If you open the file and disable any
macros, does this still happen?

--
Regards
Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

"Linda C" <Linda wrote in message
On screen cells are shaded, but on print preview and printing, they are not.
Somone else created this spreadsheet, so I dont' know what she did to it.
Without having to recreate in a new spreadsheet, how can I fix this?

---
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (
http://www.grisoft.com).

Debra Dalgleish

If the worksheet is set to print in black and white, the shading won't
print. To change the setting:

Choose FilePage Setup
Select the Sheet tab
Remove the check mark from 'Black and White', click OK

Linda C wrote:
On screen cells are shaded, but on print preview and printing, they are not.
Somone else created this spreadsheet, so I dont' know what she did to it.
Without having to recreate in a new spreadsheet, how can I fix this?

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

Junior Member

In Excel 2013 please go to PAGE LAYOUT.
A Page Setup box will pop up. Click on SHEET tab.
Uncheck the BLACK AND WHITE in the PRINT area.
Hope that helps anybody else with same issue.