Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Keyboard shortcuts reference for Excel 2007

Greetings,

I'm looking for some kind of reference or list of keyboard shortcuts for
Excel 2007. I can't find this in any of the online documentation. I would
like something suitable for printing.

Thanks,

Mike Hayes
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi

Take a look at this link
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/he...146851033.aspx

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Mike Hayes" wrote in message
Greetings,

I'm looking for some kind of reference or list of keyboard shortcuts
for
Excel 2007. I can't find this in any of the online documentation. I
would
like something suitable for printing.

Thanks,

Mike Hayes

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
jaf jaf is offline

John
johnf202 at hot mail dot com

"Mike Hayes" wrote in message
Greetings,

I'm looking for some kind of reference or list of keyboard shortcuts for
Excel 2007. I can't find this in any of the online documentation. I
would
like something suitable for printing.

Thanks,

Mike Hayes

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I realize that I'm asking for the wrong thing. I really would like a list of
the Key Tips, or key combinations. Any ideas?

"jaf" wrote:

John
johnf202 at hot mail dot com

"Mike Hayes" wrote in message
Greetings,

I'm looking for some kind of reference or list of keyboard shortcuts for
Excel 2007. I can't find this in any of the online documentation. I
would
like something suitable for printing.

Thanks,

Mike Hayes

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Your description isn't sufficient to determine what you want. You may
want to use an example or two.

Mike Hayes wrote:

I realize that I'm asking for the wrong thing. I really would like a list of
the Key Tips, or key combinations. Any ideas?

"jaf" wrote:

John
johnf202 at hot mail dot com

"Mike Hayes" wrote in message

Greetings,

I'm looking for some kind of reference or list of keyboard shortcuts for
Excel 2007. I can't find this in any of the online documentation. I
would
like something suitable for printing.

Thanks,

Mike Hayes

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

This would be from Excel (The Home Tab):
H Home
HFF Font List
HFS Font Point Size
HFG Increase Point Size
HFK Decrese Point Size
H1 Bold
H2 Italic
H3U Underline
H3D Double Underline
etc€¦

Thanks,

Mike Hayes

Mike Hayes wrote:

I realize that I'm asking for the wrong thing. I really would like a list of
the Key Tips, or key combinations. Any ideas?

"jaf" wrote:

John
johnf202 at hot mail dot com

"Mike Hayes" wrote in message

Greetings,

I'm looking for some kind of reference or list of keyboard shortcuts for
Excel 2007. I can't find this in any of the online documentation. I
would
like something suitable for printing.

Thanks,

Mike Hayes

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Don't have 2007, but i would describe what you are looking for as
"Keyboard Menu Accelerators" or a list of "Key Sequences to navigate to
any Menu Item". Office 2007 will accept any Office 2003 sequences you
use but I am not aware of a list that someone compiled.
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/he...CL100605171033

Mike Hayes wrote:

I realize that I'm asking for the wrong thing. I really would like a list of
the Key Tips, or key combinations. Any ideas?

"jaf" wrote:

John
johnf202 at hot mail dot com

"Mike Hayes" wrote in message

Greetings,

I'm looking for some kind of reference or list of keyboard shortcuts for
Excel 2007. I can't find this in any of the online documentation. I
would
like something suitable for printing.

Thanks,

Mike Hayes

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

This seems like such a basic need that I'm surprised that someone at MS
hasn't thought of this already. They've been pretty good about documenting
keyboard shorcuts in the past. This seems like an obvious need to me.

Mike Hayes

Mike Hayes wrote:

I realize that I'm asking for the wrong thing. I really would like a list of
the Key Tips, or key combinations. Any ideas?

"jaf" wrote:

John
johnf202 at hot mail dot com

"Mike Hayes" wrote in message

Greetings,

I'm looking for some kind of reference or list of keyboard shortcuts for
Excel 2007. I can't find this in any of the online documentation. I
would
like something suitable for printing.

Thanks,

Mike Hayes

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

maybe someone will, but through 2003 you have the "next key press" right
there to look at, unlike the "shortcut keys" which perform an action
that is a menu item that is not in view. I think the idea was to support
people who have memorized those sequences, not to "build a new menu
setup" in addition to the "key tips" you see there on the ribbon.

Mike Hayes wrote:

I realize that I'm asking for the wrong thing. I really would like a list of
the Key Tips, or key combinations. Any ideas?

"jaf" wrote:

John
johnf202 at hot mail dot com

"Mike Hayes" wrote in message

Greetings,

I'm looking for some kind of reference or list of keyboard shortcuts for
Excel 2007. I can't find this in any of the online documentation. I
would
like something suitable for printing.

Thanks,

Mike Hayes

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I agree. Unfortunately, on my computer, there is an appreciable delay
after hitting the ALT key before I see the tip appear.

In my experience, once I go to the trouble to lookup the command on a
printed reference, a few times, I internalize it and I don't have to look
at the ribbon at all.

Thanks,

Mike Hayes

Mike Hayes wrote:

I realize that I'm asking for the wrong thing. I really would like a list of
the Key Tips, or key combinations. Any ideas?

"jaf" wrote:

John
johnf202 at hot mail dot com