Protect & Unprotect Several Worksheets

Default How to protect and unprotect 30 worksheets in a file every month .

Situation: I have a workbook with over 30 worksheets, the worksheets have
data entry areas which are unblocked (our data entry person puts the data in
those areas) and also formula areas which are blocked, I protect each
worksheet individualy to save the formulas from being altered accidently by
data entry person.
Every month I need to unprotect all 30 worksheets and adjust the formulas
for the new month and then protect all 30 worksheets again to make them ready
for data entry person again.

Question:Is there any way to protect all 30 worksheets in one step instead
of 30
times, and unprotect them all 30 in one step instead of 30 times?

IREAD ONLY does not solve the problem, because it does not allow the data
entry person to work on the same file.
Paul B

You could use a macro like this, will protect and unprotect all sheets in
the workbook

Sub protect_sheets()

Dim ws As Worksheet

For Each ws In ThisWorkbook.Worksheets

ws.Protect password:="123"

Next ws

End Sub

Sub unprotect_sheets()

Dim ws As Worksheet

For Each ws In ThisWorkbook.Worksheets

ws.Unprotect password:="123"

Next ws

Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"Protect & Unprotect Several Worksheets" <Protect & Unprotect Several
Worksheets @discussions.microsoft.com wrote in message
[...]

Paul, thanks for your help, now I have my macros for protect & Unprotect,
but anybody can go and run unprotect macro. I used PRIVATE, but then I can't
even see them myself to run them when I need to, is there anyway to put
password for use of macro?

"Paul B" wrote:

[...]

Gord Dibben

You can leave the macros Private.

When you go to ToolsMacroMacros, they won't be seen, but you can just type
in the name of the macro and hit Run.

That's as good as a password if you protect the VBA Project so users can't
access the module code.

You could also give the macro(s) a shortcut key combo to run.

Hard to find one obscure enough that users wouldn't accidentally stumble on
it.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

"Paul B" wrote:

[...]

Paul B

Here is one way, you must lock the VBA project so you can't see the password
in it

Sub PassWord_To_Run_Macro()
Dim MyStr1 As String, MyStr2 As String
With ActiveSheet
MyStr2 = ("MyPass") 'Change Password here, it is CASE sensitive
MyStr1 = InputBox("Password Is Required To Run this Macro ")
If MyStr1 = MyStr2 Then

'your code here

Else
MsgBox ("Access Denied")
End If
End With
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"Protect & Unprotect Several Worksheets"
rosoft.com wrote in
message ...