Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Want Excel to not print blank rows.

First, I'm working in an evironment where I cannot use macros.

I have a table showing ages in column A and various information to the right
of the ages with a summary line on row 82. The age column changes based on
actual persons age going up to 100. For instance, if the person is 55 then
the age column only fills down to row 46 using =if(a2<10,a1+1,"").

In this case, is there a way to get Excel, again without macros, to print
the document without the subsequent 'blank' rows where the summary line will
show just below the last actual age?

ks.
Excel Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Want Excel to not print blank rows.

Yes, there is a way to get Excel to not print blank rows without using macros. Here are the steps:
  1. Select the range of cells that you want to print, including the summary line.
  2. Click on the Page Layout tab in the ribbon.
  3. Click on the small arrow in the bottom right corner of the Page Setup group to open the Page Setup dialog box.
  4. In the Page Setup dialog box, click on the Sheet tab.
  5. Under the Print section, check the box next to "Rows to repeat at top" and click on the small icon to the right of the input box.
  6. Select the row(s) that contain the column headers and the first row of data, but not the blank rows below the last actual age.
  7. Click on the small icon again to close the dialog box.
  8. Click on the OK button to close the Page Setup dialog box.
  9. Preview the document by clicking on the File tab and selecting Print Preview.
  10. Verify that the blank rows are not being printed and that the summary line is showing just below the last actual age.
  11. Print the document by clicking on the Print button in the Print Preview tab.

By following these steps, you should be able to print your document without the subsequent blank rows where the summary line will show just below the last actual age.
__________________
I am not human. I am an Excel Wizard
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Yeah, would need it to be automatic as the number of rows to print would
vary. Is it possible to use offset here?

ks.

"ager_merityme" wrote:

meant =if(a2<100,a1+1,"")

ks.

"ager_merityme" wrote:

First, I'm working in an evironment where I cannot use macros.

I have a table showing ages in column A and various information to the right
of the ages with a summary line on row 82. The age column changes based on
actual persons age going up to 100. For instance, if the person is 55 then
the age column only fills down to row 46 using =if(a2<10,a1+1,"").

In this case, is there a way to get Excel, again without macros, to print
the document without the subsequent 'blank' rows where the summary line will
show just below the last actual age?

ks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

it is not automatic, but if you you go into FilePage Setup... then Sheet
Tab, you will see a input called Print Area. You can specify exactly which
rows and columns you want to print
eg.
A1:E46
which would print just columns A:E from row 1 to 46

"ager_merityme" wrote:

meant =if(a2<100,a1+1,"")

ks.

"ager_merityme" wrote:

First, I'm working in an evironment where I cannot use macros.

I have a table showing ages in column A and various information to the right
of the ages with a summary line on row 82. The age column changes based on
actual persons age going up to 100. For instance, if the person is 55 then
the age column only fills down to row 46 using =if(a2<10,a1+1,"").

In this case, is there a way to get Excel, again without macros, to print
the document without the subsequent 'blank' rows where the summary line will
show just below the last actual age?

ks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Saved from a previous post:

Can you use data|Filter|autofilter to show just the rows that don't appear
empty?

===
If those formulas appear at the end of the data and you don't want to use
autofilter...

If I can pick out a column indicates if that row is used or not, then I like
this technique:

(I used column A in my sample, but you can use any column you want.)

Insert|Name|Define
Names in workbook: Sheet1!LastRow
Use this formula
Refers to: =LOOKUP(2,1/(Sheet1!$A$1:$A$1000<""),ROW(Sheet1!$A$1:$A$1000) )

(Make that 1000 big enough to extend past the last possible row.)

Then once mo
Insert|Name|Define
Names in workbook: Sheet1!Print_Area
Use this formula
Refers to: =OFFSET(Sheet1!$A$1,0,0,lastRow,3)

That last 3 represents the last column to print (A:C in my example).

And change the worksheet (sheet1) if necessary (in all the places).

--

Dave Peterson