cmpf

Default Printing - different machines, same excel, printer and driver

My workplace has a variety of reports we produce for clients from microsoft
excel. A continuing problem we have is that different machines print
differently - most noticeably the font size comes out different (and
consequently text that may 'fit' on one machine may run into a graph on
another) and the machines seem to have differing opinions on how many columns
could fit on a page. If we format the sheet for the 'big print area'
machines, other machines cut off columns. If we format for the 'small print
area' machines, the 'big area' machines end up putting in a 1.5" margin on
the right side (effectively) and text runs into graphics.

I'm currently comparing two machines with different print areas - both are
running office 2003, both are running windows xp, I reinstalled print drivers
for both, the driver versions appear the same (at least according to what I
see printing test sheets - which look identical btw).

Any suggestions on what else to try? Or useful thread/resources?

Thanks

CMPF

Printing of cells in Excel with conditional equations? Mic Kenney Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 June 1st 05 12:39 AM
Excel Object copied to Word not printing in color dmotika Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 0 May 26th 05 04:40 PM
EXCEL PRINTING jack New Users to Excel 2 May 25th 05 06:24 PM
In excel the formula bar behaves differently on different machines vijay Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 0 May 20th 05 06:27 AM
Problem with Excel printing - get "Resolution not supported" clueless Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 April 22nd 05 01:39 PM