Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default League Table using Index

Hello all,

I've had a quick look around to see if this sort of question had been
asked before and couldn't find anything similar.

I'm fairly new to Excel and am trying to construct a footbal league
table with matches matches for 6 teams. So I have a array of the 6
teams, an array called Scores of 6 by 10 to hold each teams score in a
particular match, and a 20 by 3 array detailing the matches, both home
and away team. Does this make sense?

I access the team name from the match schedule by
=INDEX(Teams,(INDEX(Matches,1,1))) for the home team and
=INDEX(Teams,(INDEX(Matches,1,2))) for the away team, this repeated
twice more.

The score for the matches is found by
=INDEX(Scores,(INDEX(Matches,1,1)),2) and
=INDEX(Scores,(INDEX(Matches,1,2)),2) for the home and away team
respectively.

So far so good and this seems to work, probably going about it all the
wrong way though.

To get the whole season of 10 matches, I have to go in and edit each
formula and alter the 1,1 or 1,2 to point to the right team and match.

It strikes me that this could be a loop, or rather 3 nested loops, or
even having a variable and implicitly setting it to a value.

What would be the best way of going about this. Thanks in advance

--
Billsputters
Billsputters's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36674

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Does this help:

http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.LeagueTable.html
?
--
HTH,

RD

"Billsputters"
wrote in message
news:Billsputters.2bffpv_1153706113.8118@excelforu m-nospam.com...

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Thanks for the super quick response, I'll take a look.