Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
jimar

Default Remove #N/A in vlookup result

I am using vlookup to return data for a particular reference number. If the
reference number is not available I would like to replace the #N/A returns
with the wording "No Response". Is this possible?
Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
pinmaster

Try

=IF(ISNA(your_formula),"No response",your_formula)

HTH
JG

"jimar" wrote:

I am using vlookup to return data for a particular reference number. If the
reference number is not available I would like to replace the #N/A returns
with the wording "No Response". Is this possible?
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
jimar

Thanks for your answer but I've tried using your example and the formula is:-
=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP($A6,'Voluntary Sector Final.xls'!voluntary,8,FALSE),"No
Response",VLOOKUP($A6,'Voluntary Sector Final.xls'!voluntary,8,FALSE)))

However my worksheet won't accept it and is indicating difficulty wth the
"No Response" part of the formula.

Any ideas?