coal_miner

Default Exclude pivot table data from pivot chart?

I have a pivot table set up and some of the data that is on the table, I do
not want on the pivot chart. Reason being is that a graph of the data I am
speaking of does not make sense. Is there a way I can make a pivot chart
without these two columns of data being included? Thanks in advance for any
help.
Debra Dalgleish

The pivot chart displays what's in the pivot table. You could create
another pivot table, using the first pivot table as the source. Set it
up without the two columns, and create the chart from that.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

I have a similar issue - I find the pivot chart doesn't display in the manner
I want it to and I can't seem to configure it in the way I can an ordinary
table.
I just want to configure the chart as I would be able to in an ordinary table.

coal_miner wrote:
I have a pivot table set up and some of the data that is on the table, I do
not want on the pivot chart. Reason being is that a graph of the data I am
speaking of does not make sense. Is there a way I can make a pivot chart
without these two columns of data being included? Thanks in advance for any
help.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

In his article here, Jon Peltier describes how to make a regular chart
from pivot table data:

coal_miner wrote:

I have a pivot table set up and some of the data that is on the table, I do
not want on the pivot chart. Reason being is that a graph of the data I am
speaking of does not make sense. Is there a way I can make a pivot chart
without these two columns of data being included? Thanks in advance for any
help.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

"billy_bags" wrote in message
I have a similar issue - I find the pivot chart doesn't display in the
manner
I want it to and I can't seem to configure it in the way I can an ordinary
table.
I just want to configure the chart as I would be able to in an ordinary
table.

Another nice way to build a 'normal' chart from a Pivot Table is to use this
small macro.

Sub GetPivotDataToggle()
Application.GenerateGetPivotData = Not Application.GenerateGetPivotData
End Sub

Run the macro once...
- Charts behave normally
- Formula references to a PT are normal

Run the macro again...
- build Charts as Pivot Charts
- Formula references to PT are GETPIVOTDATA(...

Ed Ferrero
http://www.edferrero.com