Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Formatting toolbar is not displayed

On opening Excel 2003 the formatting toolbar is not displayed.
Trying to display it the system freeze and i get a message error:
Flags: Ox00000000
Code: Oxc000005
Address: Ox0000000030d00777
Record: Ox0000000000
I tried to reset the toolbars parameters but it did not help.
Does somebody know the solution to this situation?
Thank you.
Alex Magen
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try some startup switches
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/291288
Probably: /Regserver

--
Regards
Dave Hawley
"אלכס מגן" wrote in message
On opening Excel 2003 the formatting toolbar is not displayed.
Trying to display it the system freeze and i get a message error:
Flags: Ox00000000
Code: Oxc000005
Address: Ox0000000030d00777
Record: Ox0000000000
I tried to reset the toolbars parameters but it did not help.
Does somebody know the solution to this situation?
Thank you.
Alex Magen

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I would try removing (or at least moving) the file that excel uses to keep track
of toolbar modifications.

(Saved from a previous post)

Close excel
use windows search to look for *.xlb
and delete all that you find (or move them to a safe location if you're worried)

And remember to look through hidden folders, too. People can have trouble
finding them.

If you can't find your files using windows start button|Search, then you could
use an old DOS command to search and delete/move them

Windows Start button|Run
type:
CMD
(to get to the Command prompt)

C:
(to get to the C: drive--change this to the drive that excel is installed on)

cd\
(to get to the root directory)

dir *.xlb /s

The /s says to search subfolders, too.

(There could be multiple *.xlb files depending on your excel upgrade path.)

==========

After you've deleted this (these??) *.xlb file (or moved it), try opening excel
once more. Then see if the formatting toolbar.

If that doesn't work, I'd try changing to a different printer. Lots of crashes
in Windows/Excel are blamed on printer drivers.

If that doesn't work, I'd try the Detect and Repair option under Excel's Help
menu.

???? ??? wrote:

On opening Excel 2003 the formatting toolbar is not displayed.
Trying to display it the system freeze and i get a message error:
Flags: Ox00000000
Code: Oxc000005
Address: Ox0000000030d00777
Record: Ox0000000000
I tried to reset the toolbars parameters but it did not help.
Does somebody know the solution to this situation?
Thank you.
Alex Magen

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Dave.

Thank you for your excellent advice.
Upon deleting 3 *xlb files the problem disappeared.
Regards.
Alex

.