Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Pivot Table Data Adding contents of two pivot tables and param que

I am using excel query to pull data from our ERP system into excel. It is
time data for employees from a system that tracks their punches and hours
worked.

I am having 2 problems:

#1 I can easily pull the two weeks of data and summarize it in the pivot
table. I was using a formula to say that anything over 80 hours in two weeks
is overtime. I then found out that I need to know if they worked more than
40 hours in a week. I attacked this by pulling data into two sheets and
creating two pivot tables, one of each for each week. I then would like to
have a table that gives regular hours and overtime hours for both weeks in
one table. Any ideas on how to summarize the weekly data into one pivot
table or something like it?

#2 Is that when I try to edit the query it says I cannot edit it using hte
query wizard and takes me into the regular query desing screen. I am
attempting to setup parameters for the beginning and ending dates so that it
only pulls time entries for dates in between. I cannot get the date
formatting properly in the parameterized query. If i just write it in the
criteria area it works just fine. I enter it in the criteria area I do it
like this:

#6/18/2007# and #06/30/2007#

this works, I just can't get it to take it when I trie to use [] to get it
to prompt me for the date. It says conversion error, or missing expected
lexical elemnt ). Anyone who can shed some light?

TIA