Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Steve

Default Excel does not open, just opens a the grey background

When I open an excel document nothing comes up. Just a grey background, like
the document is minimized in Excel. I can go to file open and search for it
and open it that way. Any ideas?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
davesexcel

is this a file you created??

--
davesexcel

davesexcel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31708
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=542738

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Dave Peterson

If you do file|Print preview, do you see your worksheet's data?

If yes, then try:
window|arrange|Tiled
and resize the window the way you like.

If that didn't work...

Sometimes one of these works when you're having trouble with double clicking on
the file in windows explorer:

Tools|Options|General|Ignore other applications (uncheck it)

Close Excel and
Windows Start Button|Run
excel /unregserver
then