Todd

Default how to unshare a workbook?

Hi, I have a workbook that is shared and I can't unshare it. I am new to
sharing but my other shared workbooks I can deselect the sharing option or
close and reopen it and work with it unshared but one workbook has the
deselect option greyed out. I am the only user listed but it is shared so I
can't add worksheets etc.. I get a message box that says I have to close
the file instead. I have closed the workbook and have logged off and on too.
But it is still shared and I don't know how to change this.

Please Help.

Todd
tjtjjtjt

Tools | Protection | Unprotect Share Workbook.
You may be prompted for a password.
Then, UnShare as you normally would.

tj

"Todd" wrote:

Hi, I have a workbook that is shared and I can't unshare it. I am new to
sharing but my other shared workbooks I can deselect the sharing option or
close and reopen it and work with it unshared but one workbook has the
deselect option greyed out. I am the only user listed but it is shared so I
can't add worksheets etc.. I get a message box that says I have to close
the file instead. I have closed the workbook and have logged off and on too.
But it is still shared and I don't know how to change this.

Please Help.

Todd

I'm having the exact same problem - and now that I've closed the file,
restarted the machine and opened it again the file is opening as:
(Read-Only) (Shared). I'm not kidding, it reads exactly that across the
header. When I open, I get the locked message box that prompts me to select
either readonly, notify or cancel, but I am listed as the user that has the
file locked! Any other ideas?

I've already saved a copy, called it version 2 and sidestepped it that way,
but now I can't move the old file to archives. Arg.

"Todd" wrote:

Hi, I have a workbook that is shared and I can't unshare it. I am new to
sharing but my other shared workbooks I can deselect the sharing option or
close and reopen it and work with it unshared but one workbook has the
deselect option greyed out. I am the only user listed but it is shared so I
can't add worksheets etc.. I get a message box that says I have to close
the file instead. I have closed the workbook and have logged off and on too.
But it is still shared and I don't know how to change this.

Please Help.

Todd

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I am having the same problem. One workbook says (Shared) and another says
(Group) after the file name. I am not able to unshare it. Under
ToolsProtection, the only option is to protect the workbook. I created the
workbooks and put protection on certain cells so the users could not make
changes to the cells that contained the formulas I created. I had to share
the password with the users supervisor and I think something was changed. I
do not know what it was and of course no one will tell me if they made any
changes. I tried using the track changes but got nowhere with that. Now the
users can not save changes to the worksheets, but I am having no problem
making changes to them.