Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default 3D Surface Map

I have a 3D Surface Map. The X an Y axis are labeled 1 to 12 and S1
S12. Is there a way to repalce these labels with something more
relivant? Thanks in advance...

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Please don't cross post in different forums.
Here is the reply I posted in the excel forum.

Hi,

If the series has a name value it will be outputted instead of the
default S1,S2 etc.

Right click chart and pick Source Data. On the series tab enter text or
cell reference for Name.

Cheers
Andy

wrote:
I have a 3D Surface Map. The X an Y axis are labeled 1 to 12 and S1
S12. Is there a way to repalce these labels with something more
relivant? Thanks in advance...

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

If you begin with the data properly set up, Excel will use what you want for
axis labels. Put one set of axis values along the top of the data (first
row) and the other along the left side (first column). Keep the top left
cell blank. The data should look like this:

X1 X2 X3
Y1 Z11 Z12 Z13
Y2 Z21 Z22 Z23
Y3 Z31 Z32 Z33

Excel will use X1, X2, X3 for one set of labels, and Y1, Y2, Y3 for the
other.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

wrote:
I have a 3D Surface Map. The X an Y axis are labeled 1 to 12 and S1
S12. Is there a way to repalce these labels with something more
relivant? Thanks in advance...

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Peltier Technical Services, Inc. -http://PeltierTech.com
_______

wrote:
I have a 3D Surface Map. The X an Y axis are labeled 1 to 12 and S1
S12. Is there a way to repalce these labels with something more
relivant? Thanks in advance...- Hide quoted text -

Thanks a million John, I did not think that was possible. I tried it
that way long ago with the data along the bottom. Beautiful.