Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Combo Box and Sorting

I have a spreadsheet that I want to put a combo box on each row. The user
selects a treatment type for each item in the row. You can sort the
worksheet and the combo box will stay with that row. However, it's still
linked the the same cell. For example, if it is linked to N2, I can sort the
spreadsheet by name. The combo box may now be in N100 but it is still linked
to N2. Is there a way to link it after you sort the spreadsheet.
--
Arkansas Lady
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

It might be better to use Data, Validation, List rather than a combo box?

If you are using a Control Toolbox combobox then there is a Format option to
move and size with cells. That option isn't the same for Form comboboxes.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Arkansas Lady" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet that I want to put a combo box on each row. The user
selects a treatment type for each item in the row. You can sort the
worksheet and the combo box will stay with that row. However, it's still
linked the the same cell. For example, if it is linked to N2, I can sort the
spreadsheet by name. The combo box may now be in N100 but it is still linked
to N2. Is there a way to link it after you sort the spreadsheet.
--
Arkansas Lady

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

David,

I'm looking at that option now. What I want to do is put in text where the
user can only select four options. Floor, Sides, etc. Thanks so much.
--
Arkansas Lady

"Arkansas Lady" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet that I want to put a combo box on each row. The user
selects a treatment type for each item in the row. You can sort the
worksheet and the combo box will stay with that row. However, it's still
linked the the same cell. For example, if it is linked to N2, I can sort the
spreadsheet by name. The combo box may now be in N100 but it is still linked
to N2. Is there a way to link it after you sort the spreadsheet.
--
Arkansas Lady

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

David,

I'm so sorry, I didn't look close enough. I found the list option and it is
working great! Thanks
--
Arkansas Lady