mismarple

Default copy & paste spreadsheet cells from excel to outlook to excel

I am trying to copy an example of 2 rows of 5 cells each into outlook to
e-mail to 300 people so they can put info into 5 of the cells and reply back
to me. When I receive this e-mail back I want to copy those 5 cells into a
spreadsheet that already exists replacing what is there with this new
information for each person. I have tried several methods of copy and paste
but each time I paste back into excel I get two rows of cells, one row of
empty cells and one with the new data. How can I avoid getting 2 rows of 5
cells when I am copying only one row of 5 cells? It is maddening!