Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
lee lee is offline

Default Drop Down menu's

I have created a s'sheet which has drop down menu's under each of the
headings to make it easier to collate information at the end of the week.

Now that colleagues have started adding info onto the sheet it won't let me
add more catogaries to my drop down menu's.

When i click on 'DATA' the 'Validation' option is 'greyed out'

anyone help?

Lee
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

probably a shared workbook.

to make your changes, go to toolsshareworkbook
double check you are the only one with it open
then uncheck the box "allow changes by more than one user at the same time"
it will resave
now you can make your changes

then you can go back and turn sharing on again (check the box) if you want
--
Allllen

"Lee" wrote:

I have created a s'sheet which has drop down menu's under each of the
headings to make it easier to collate information at the end of the week.

Now that colleagues have started adding info onto the sheet it won't let me
add more catogaries to my drop down menu's.

When i click on 'DATA' the 'Validation' option is 'greyed out'

anyone help?

Lee

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
lee lee is offline

It is indeed a shared workbook mate, now sorted

thanks a lot for that

Lee