abfabrob

Default Drop Down Menu's

I can create a drop down menu by clicking data and then validation, but when
I click in another cell, the drop down arrow (next to the cell) disappears.
Is there a way to keep that arrow on display, regardless of which cell you
click in? So that it is always obvious that there is a drop down menu?

If anyone has the answer, please put it in simple terms - I'm new to Excell!

Thank you,

Rob.
Leo Heuser

Hi Rob

I believe, it's not possible.
Maybe you could give all cells with a validation menu
the same colour?

--
Best Regards
Leo Heuser

Followup to newsgroup only please.

"abfabrob" skrev i en meddelelse
I can create a drop down menu by clicking data and then validation, but

when
I click in another cell, the drop down arrow (next to the cell)

disappears.
Is there a way to keep that arrow on display, regardless of which cell you
click in? So that it is always obvious that there is a drop down menu?

If anyone has the answer, please put it in simple terms - I'm new to

Excell!

Thank you,

Rob.

Debra Dalgleish

You can create dropdown lists in Word by using the Drop-Down Form Field
tool on the Forms toolbar. However, you won't be able to copy and paste
this into Excel.

In Excel, you can create dropdown lists by using the combobox from the
Forms toolbar, or from the Control toolbox.

You may find them more difficult to use than data validation lists.

"abfabrob" wrote:

I can create a drop down menu by clicking data and then validation, but when
I click in another cell, the drop down arrow (next to the cell) disappears.
Is there a way to keep that arrow on display, regardless of which cell you
click in? So that it is always obvious that there is a drop down menu?

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html