Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
dharmik

Default convert lats and longs to decimals

I have latitudes and longitudes in two different columns. these are
expressed in degrees, minutes and seconds, with North or West labelled
as well.
I would like to know if there is a formula i can use in another column
to convert these into degrees with decimals, rather than degrees
minutes and second. this formula should be something I can drag for the
remaining rows, because I have a huge amount of data.

E.g. Column 1 Column 2
27° 44' 08.00" N 92° 44' 28.00" W

i want it as
27.7355 92.7411

Regards,

dharmik

--
dharmik
dharmik's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=25463

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
SteveG

Check out Chip Pearson's site. It should have what you are looking
for.

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/latlong.htm

Regards,

Steve