Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Tad Blanchard

Default In Excel: select the last 20 rows of data in a column

How do I create a formula that will select the last 20 entries in a column of
a database?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

This is the sort of thing

OFFSET($A$1,COUNTA(A:A)-20,0,20,1)

which can be used like so

=SUM(OFFSET($A$1,COUNTA(A:A)-20,0,20,1))

--

HTH

RP

"Tad Blanchard" <Tad wrote in message
How do I create a formula that will select the last 20 entries in a column

of
a database?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

Yeah, 5 functions for 3. Can't see much rationale in that.

--

HTH

RP

"Krishnakumar"
wrote in message
news:Krishnakumar.1z1fxa_1132897802.7817@excelforu m-nospam.com...

You can avoid the Volatile OFFSET function.

Try,

=SUM(INDEX(A:A,COUNTA(A:A)-19):INDEX(A:A,COUNTA(A:A)))

HTH

--
Krishnakumar

Krishnakumar's Profile: