Federali

Default How do I sum rounded values from two seperate formulas in Excel?

I am using an Excel spreadsheet for a payroll function that relies on
seperate formulas to calculate personal services and mileage reimbursement.
The two areas are paid with different checks so they need to be seperate.
However, in order to balance there must also be a calculated total. I
formated the cells so 'currency' is used and two decimal points are
displayed. But, when the two cells are summed, they are summed on actual
values and not the displayed rounded values. The problem is obvious . . . you
cannot pay someone $57.125 so it needs to be rounded to a paid amount of
$57.13 . . . but how do I get Excel to sum on $57.13 and not $57.125?

Thanks for any help or suggestions.