Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Is there an Excel Viewer ONLY = Excel WITHOUT menues+toolbars around ?

Assume I created an excel sheet which I want to offer some users.

Is there an Excel only Viewer which does not load and show the full Excel software
but only a viewer. This veiwer should allow the user to enter values in prepared cells
and select drop down values but does not offer all the huge functionality.

Particularly it should hide all the menues and toolbars of Excel.

Is there such a viewer only ?

Jeff

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

There is no such application.

There is no "runtime" Excel only.

The Excel Viewer allows viewing and printing, but no editing.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On 09 Dec 2007 15:34:58 GMT, (Jeff Korn) wrote:

Assume I created an excel sheet which I want to offer some users.

Is there an Excel only Viewer which does not load and show the full Excel software
but only a viewer. This veiwer should allow the user to enter values in prepared cells
and select drop down values but does not offer all the huge functionality.

Particularly it should hide all the menues and toolbars of Excel.

Is there such a viewer only ?

Jeff

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The Excel viewer is just that - a viewer without features allowing cell
input.
In Excel, you could hide menus and toolbars with VBA but the user would need
a working copy of Excel
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme