Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How to indicate that a value is an estimate?

Does anyone know a way to indicate an estimated value in Excel? I have a
chart of weight loss progress, where I weigh myself weekly. Some weeks I
forget (!) to weigh myself, and I don't want the chart to suddenly drop to
zero for that week, but I want to be able to indicate that the value entered
for that week is an estimate, not an actual recorded weight. Is there a way
to do this?
Thanks for any help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR CLR is offline

If you choose a line chart with bullets, you will get a marker at each data
point. Then choose Tools Opetions ChartTab PlotEmptyCellsAs and
check the "Interpolated box..........this will continue the line between
weighings, yet not insert a bullet for the "estimated" weights.

hth
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"couture57" wrote:

Does anyone know a way to indicate an estimated value in Excel? I have a
chart of weight loss progress, where I weigh myself weekly. Some weeks I
forget (!) to weigh myself, and I don't want the chart to suddenly drop to
zero for that week, but I want to be able to indicate that the value entered
for that week is an estimate, not an actual recorded weight. Is there a way
to do this?
Thanks for any help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

couture57,

Instead of putting in an estimate, you can leave the cells empty, and set
the chart to skip the empty points, and not drop to 0. With the chart
selected (necessary if there's more than one chart), Tools - Options - Chart
tab - Plot empty cells as; Interpolated. Or you can set it to "Leave gaps"
if you perfer.

No one knows why some chart settings are in Tools - Options, and others are
in the Chart menu. No one. Perhaps the Unified Theory, if we ever get it,
will tell us.
--
Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com
"couture57" wrote in message
Does anyone know a way to indicate an estimated value in Excel? I have a
chart of weight loss progress, where I weigh myself weekly. Some weeks I
forget (!) to weigh myself, and I don't want the chart to suddenly drop to
zero for that week, but I want to be able to indicate that the value
entered
for that week is an estimate, not an actual recorded weight. Is there a
way
to do this?
Thanks for any help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR CLR is offline

Happy to help............thanks for the feedback.

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3