Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Return value from column A if value in column B is in top 3 MAX()

In my worksheet I have a list of scores in column B, and in column A the
corresponding question. What I'd like to do is show a list in another
worksheet of the top 3 scoring questions in decending order.

Example: data sheet (comma seperated)

Question,Score
1,70
2,89
3,90
4,65
5,99
6,55

Example: results sheet

Question
5
3
2

Thanks in advance,

Scott
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try this.

Assume you want the formula in sheet Results starting in cell A1:

=MATCH(LARGE(Data!B$2:B$7,ROWS(A$1:A1)),Data!B$2:B $7,0)

Copy down to A3

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP