Sandy

Default How can I write in a text in a cell using numbers and the letters.

I'm trying to get some codes in for example 511E09 is one fo them but when I
try to enter another code it makes the code a formula and it changes to
5.11E+09 why is that? I tried changing it by formatting cells to text, but
that doesn't change it. Waht can I do?

Dave Peterson

Or start with an apostrophe:

'511E09

FYI:

511E09 looks like it's scientific notation to excel:
511 * 10^9
511 * 1,000,000,000