Pam Soreide

Default Change formula for Employee Shift Schedule template

Hi Frank. I am trying to use this same schedule, only I need to also extend
the number of columns because we have a longer work schedule. When I put in
the new column range, I get a zero result. I also lose the curly parens at
the beginning and end of the formula, and when I type them in manually, it
still returns a zero. Can you help with this also?

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

Hi
why not use:
{=SUM(IF(ISTEXT(D9:L9),0.5,0))}

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Laserstar57 wrote:
Hi,

The formula came out of the "employee shift schedule" template found
in the MS Office templates. Here is the formula:
{=SUM(IF(ISTEXT(D9:L9),1,0))} When ever text is entered into a cell
it counts as one hour. However, I need the ability to have it
calculate based on the half hour. It may be easier to look at the
template to see how it is formatted.Thanks for your help. It is
appreciated.

Jeff

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

Hi
you may post your existing formula

The existing formula only calculates time based on hour
time blocks. How can
I change the formula so that it calculates the time on
the half hour instead?
Thanks.
.

Dave Peterson

them yourself.)

Pam Soreide wrote:

Hi Frank. I am trying to use this same schedule, only I need to also extend
the number of columns because we have a longer work schedule. When I put in
the new column range, I get a zero result. I also lose the curly parens at
the beginning and end of the formula, and when I type them in manually, it
still returns a zero. Can you help with this also?

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

Hi
why not use:
{=SUM(IF(ISTEXT(D9:L9),0.5,0))}