Bengt-Inge Larsson

Default Negative time should be allowed in Excel, eg time difference

If you want to subtract two time values, it shows error if negative.
It would be an interesting feature e.g. for sports.
Also, allow years before 1900 to be shown.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Roger Govier

Hi

I think Bob meant
=B1-A1+(A1B1)*24
assuming Finish Time in B1 and Start time in A1

The formula posted will return 10:00 hours in both cases where A1=23:00
and B1=13:00, and A1=13:00, B1=23:00
as opposed to 14:00 hours and 10:00 hours respectively.

or you could use the less intuitive
=MOD((B1-A1),1)

Regards

Roger Govier