Jim in Florida

Default numbers being entered show in formula bar but not in cell?

There is a "mystery" column in an existing worksheet that I can enter numbers
into but they do not show in the cell while I them. And they don't show in
the cell after they are entered. But - they show in the formula bar as they
are being keyed and aftewards. The cells seem to contain the data even
though nothing appears in the cell - the value is correctly included in a
sum'd cell along with visable values from adjacent cells in adjacent columns.

Also - if i key the numberinto a cell in a different column, I see it in the
cell as it is being typed and aftward. Then, if i copy the cell into the
"mystery" column, the value will be visable in the cell within the "mystery"
column.

Stumped in Florida... Any help is appreciated.
Thanks
Jim
Duke Carey

Andy suggested checking the font color.

It's also possible that the cell is formatted ";;;" meaning that it will
display no entry of any kind. Just change it to Normal style

FormatStyleNormal