Heinsohn

Default How do I sum hours in Excel and convert to decimal numbers?

I am keep track of time that I am working on a project and have figured out
how to have the results calculate the product. But how do I some a column of
hours? Or how do I change the products into decimal numbers? e.g. 1:00
should equal 1.0

tjtjjtjt

Multiply your result by 24
Change your formula to =(Your_Formula)*24

Be sure to format the result as General and not Time. Format | Cells |
Number |General.

tj

"Heinsohn" wrote:

I am keep track of time that I am working on a project and have figured out
how to have the results calculate the product. But how do I some a column of
hours? Or how do I change the products into decimal numbers? e.g. 1:00
should equal 1.0

Niek Otten

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datetime.htm#WorkHours

--