Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Need PivotChart x axis to cross Y axis at minimum Y axis value

I see an option to have x cross y at max y, but how can I say min y?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

On Thu, 16 Aug 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting,
Aaron said:
I see an option to have x cross y at max y, but how can I say min y?

Jon Peltier taught me this one when I grumbled about the absence of a
"min y" check box. As it turns out, setting the x crossing to some
absurdly low figure like -999, far below the y axis minimum, does not
make the x axis disappear, or ignore the figure and stay at the default
zero. Instead it makes the x axis cross at, not below the y axis
minimum, which is just what we wanted!

It works, it's just not documented anywhere in the manuals or help
files. Incidentally, setting the crossing to some absurdly *large*
number also causes the x axis to be at the maximum, but defaults to
"tick mark labels Low" whereas setting the x axis crossing to maximum
via the check box defaults to "tick mark labels High". This appears to
be the main function of the high x axis crossing check box.

PS I suspect your axis will reset every time you refresh your
PivotChart, which is just Microsoft not properly implementing stable
table and chart formats for Pivot Tables/Charts. In theory you can even
make panel charts in PivotCharts, but woe to he who presses "Refresh"
after all that work!

(does this show a need for a third party add-in that detects all the
deviations from default format, and saves them to be re-applied after
Refresh?)

--
Del Cotter