Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default PowerPivot How to chart with contiguous time axis?

I am using PowerPivot to analyze log data. I have log data with events that occur various times per minute. I want to chart the frequency of these events per minute along the x axis (time) as a stacked bar chart. The problem is that some minutes do not contain any events. I want these to show on the x axis but with no values.

How do I show a contiguous timeline (all minutes of the day) along the x axis even for data with no values?

I thought I should be able to do this by creating a MINUTES table and linking it but PowerPivot does not seem to have the concept of a one to many relationship and even linking with a table with seconds from 0-59 still only shows the original data.