Mayer

Default HELP - I need to change space delimited to comma?

Hi,

I have a CSV file that should be comma delimited the thing is that the
program that creates it, creates it in two columns (if you open it in excel)
I want to write (or pay for) a Marco that will pull the data, remove the
column (if it's a tab, space, comma. then it should read the file and place
a comma after x amount of characters. once that's done it should remove all
the space on the right, so

data, data , data,,, .data -- should look like
data,data,data,data.

I don't know how to do this. any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Earl Kiosterud

Mayer,

What you're describing in terms of the txt file doesn't seem to square well
with the idea that it's putting the data into two columns. It helps to open
it in NotePad to see exactly what's in the file so we know exactly what
we're dealing with, not what Excel does (and it does plenty) when it opens a
text file. Post back.

You can read up on Excel and text files at www.smokeylake.com/excel.
--
Earl Kiosterud