Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Line chart with date range as X axis.

I have a data set of dates, and counts of frequency.
There is a sample of the data below. I've made a bar graph that simple shows
how many times each date shows up, but what i'd like to show now is a line
graph to shows how many times a date occured and also the time between..

So for example in the below data set the 27th has no bearing on the graph
because its not in the set. i'd like the 27th to be on my graph with a zero
value essentially. I have a fairly large data set as is, i dont want to have
to manually enter in dates.

Also, if i look in the Select Data.... the Horizontal (Category) Axis Labels
has each date that shows up. basically what im trying to do is change that
from a data set to a date range...

hope this is clear enough...

Thanks
Justin

Sample Data

4/17/2009
4/21/2009
4/22/2009
4/23/2009
4/24/2009
4/25/2009
4/28/2009
4/29/2009

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

two things... i didnt give you the sums of the dates in my data set...
and... i didnt mention it was a pivot table.. come to find out this is easy
to do, just cant do it with a pivot table...

"Justin Rich" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Yeah, pivot charts only have category axes, not date-scale axes.

You can make a regular chart from a pivot table, though it won't update when
the table pivots:

Regular Charts from Pivot Tables -
http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/reg...-pivot-tables/

- Jon
-------
Advanced Excel Conference - June 17-18 2009 - Charting and Programming
http://peltiertech.com/Training/2009...00906ACNJ.html

Jon Peltier, Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/
_______

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Easily done in Excel 2007 PivotTable and PivotChart
http://www.mediafire.com/file/zbevwi...06_10_09b.xlsx
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Excel 2007 PivotTable, PivotChart
New, improved.