Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Format displays

I have a worksheet with a formula in a cell that results in a date.
Currently the cell is formatted for a date and because of the formula in the
cell, 01/00/00 displays in the cell until data is entered in various other
cells of the worksheet to populate the cell with the formula in it. Is it
possible to NOT display the 01/00/00 in the field?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In D1 I have a date; In A1 I have =IF(YEAR(D1)2008,D1,"")
A1 is formatted to display long date (e.g. January 12, 2009)
When the year of D1 is less than 2008, A1 looks empty
How is you worksheet set up?
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"michele" wrote in message
I have a worksheet with a formula in a cell that results in a date.
Currently the cell is formatted for a date and because of the formula in
the
cell, 01/00/00 displays in the cell until data is entered in various other
cells of the worksheet to populate the cell with the formula in it. Is it
possible to NOT display the 01/00/00 in the field?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If your formula is using data from A1, and you want the answer blank if A1
is blank, then use
=IF(A1="","",your_formula)
--
David Biddulph