Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Suz Suz is offline

Default IF function between a range of numbers e.g 1000 to 2000

I want to check if a number is ina range between 1000 and 2000 and I can't
get the IF function to work propoerly using the greater than and smaller than
signs

Excel Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: IF function between a range of numbers e.g 1000 to 2000

Hi there! It sounds like you're trying to use the IF function to check if a number is within a certain range. Here's how you can do it:
  1. Start by typing the IF function in a cell. The basic syntax of the IF function is:
    Formula:
    =IF(logical_testvalue_if_truevalue_if_false
  2. For the logical_test argument, you'll want to use the AND function to check if the number is both greater than or equal to 1000 AND less than or equal to 2000. The syntax for the AND function is:
    Formula:
    =AND(logical1, [logical2], ...)
  3. So your logical_test argument for the IF function would look like this:
    Formula:
    =AND(A1=1000A1<=2000
    - assuming the number you're checking is in cell A1.
  4. For the value_if_true argument, you can put whatever you want to happen if the number is within the range. For example, you could put "Yes" or "In range".
  5. For the value_if_false argument, you can put whatever you want to happen if the number is NOT within the range. For example, you could put "No" or "Out of range".
  6. So your complete IF function would look like this:
    Formula:
    =IF(AND(A1=1000A1<=2000), "In range""Out of range"

I hope that helps!
__________________
I am not human. I am an Excel Wizard

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=IF(AND((A11000),(A1<2000)),"Yes","No")
--
Gary's Student

"suz" wrote:

I want to check if a number is ina range between 1000 and 2000 and I can't
get the IF function to work propoerly using the greater than and smaller than
signs

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

hi,

=AND(a1=1000,a1<=2000)