reno

Default personal.xls workbook

let an assocate yuse my computer and she named a workbook, personal.xls,
which I think holds all the macro, I have created. Now when I open Excel
this workbook opens. Can't tell whether she added to the startup or not.
What is my next step to get things back? I assume I will have to re-wrtite
the macros?
Thanks
Peo Sjoblom

Assuming that when you open Excel Personal.xls will open, just do windowhide
and select personal.xls

You shouldn't have to re-create any macros, they will be available through
personal.xls

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"reno" wrote:

let an assocate yuse my computer and she named a workbook, personal.xls,
which I think holds all the macro, I have created. Now when I open Excel
this workbook opens. Can't tell whether she added to the startup or not.
What is my next step to get things back? I assume I will have to re-wrtite
the macros?
Thanks

Dave Peterson

I guess my question is: Do you want that workbook and all its macros to open?

If yes, then maybe you just want it to open hidden (and it's not hidden now???).

Open excel (and let personal.xls open). But then with personal.xls the
activeworkbook, click on Window|Hide.

Now close excel and answer yes to the "wanna save your changes to personal.xls"
prompt.

The next time you open excel, this workbook will open, but be hidden. Then you
still run the macros via tools|macro|macros...

If you don't want the workbook to open automatically,
close excel
look for personal.xls using windows start button|search (or find)
move it to a nice location if you still want to load it when you want to run the
macros (but rename it something else).

If you don't want the macros at all, delete that workbook.

But I'd take a look at the macros to see if they were useful before I did
anything.

--

Dave Peterson