lakegoddess

Default Count rows with specific date

Hi,
I tried to use the Microsoft Excel help but couldn't find what I
needed. I was wondering if there was some type of function that counts
the number of rows that has a specific date/month, like July. An
example would be like this

A B
1 *Name Birthday*
2 Joe 7/12/1980
3 Jack 8/11/1980
4 Jane 7/7/1980

If I wanted the number of people born in July (2), how would I do
that? Would there be a difference if the years were different?

--
lakegoddess
lakegoddess's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=18646

Ron Coderre

Try something like this:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(TEXT($B$1:$B$50,"yyyymm")="198007"))

Does that help?

Regards,
Ron

--
Ron Coderre
Ron Coderre's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=21419

lakegoddess

Yes! Perfect! Exactly what I needed. Thanks a bunch!