ArtLene

Default how do I change the text case of imported data in excel?

I am using office 2000. I would like to Change "ALL CAPS" to Just the first
letter of name in caps or "title case" in Excel. I import data from
different sources and I would like to make it all uniform in appearance.
Currently I have to copy date to word, make changes to text case and import
to excel

"WORD" allows you to change the text case. Logic tells me there has to be a
way to do this in Excel.
Norman Jones

Hi Artlene,

Try:

Sub MakeProperCase()
Dim mycell As Range
Dim Rng As Range

Set Rng = Selection

On Error Resume Next
For Each mycell In Intersect(Rng, _
Rng.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeConstants, 2))
mycell.Value = Application.Proper(mycell.Value)
Next mycell
End Sub

If you have frequent need, you could add a toolbar button and asssign this
macro to the button.

---
Regards,
Norman