Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Skydiver

Default Typewriter Effect

I have a range from A31 to H35. In this range I would like to type text
beginning in A31 up until the H31 area. Upon reaching this area I would like
to continue typing without exceeding the H31 area, thus continuing in A32 all
the way until H35. Is this possible? Help.

John
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gilles Desjardins

John if I understand properly just use the TAB key to move your cursor to
the right. When you are at the complete right instead of tabbing one more
time DON'T press ENTER instead. Your cursor will return to the next line on
the left from where you started to use the TAB key.

HTH

Gilles
"Skydiver" wrote in message
I have a range from A31 to H35. In this range I would like to type text
beginning in A31 up until the H31 area. Upon reaching this area I would
like
to continue typing without exceeding the H31 area, thus continuing in A32
all
the way until H35. Is this possible? Help.

John

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Huber57

Unless you need the data in a cell (and since it sounds like text, I would
think not), how about a text box that is sized appropriately but is
"floating" above the cells you want to have text within?

If you need it in one big text box you can highlight them all and merge the
cells.

Hope this helps.

"Skydiver" wrote:

I have a range from A31 to H35. In this range I would like to type text
beginning in A31 up until the H31 area. Upon reaching this area I would like
to continue typing without exceeding the H31 area, thus continuing in A32 all
the way until H35. Is this possible? Help.

John

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Skydiver

You're thinking just like me. I failed to mention that I did use a floating
text box, however I've unlocked certain cells and have protected the sheet so
this does not allow me to type any text into the floating text box.

"Skydiver" wrote:

I have a range from A31 to H35. In this range I would like to type text
beginning in A31 up until the H31 area. Upon reaching this area I would like
to continue typing without exceeding the H31 area, thus continuing in A32 all
the way until H35. Is this possible? Help.

John

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Skydiver

Let me explain a little further. I've unlocked certain cells and have
protected the sheet. I've tried a floating text box, but cannot type
anything into the text box with it's protected sheet. Using the tab function
(like you mentioned) is what I am trying to avoid.

"Skydiver" wrote in message
I have a range from A31 to H35. In this range I would like to type text
beginning in A31 up until the H31 area. Upon reaching this area I would
like
to continue typing without exceeding the H31 area, thus continuing in A32
all
the way until H35. Is this possible? Help.

John

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
shaunap

The best way to achieve this is to merge the cells from A31 to H35 and unlock
the cells to allow editing. (as Huber57 suggested in his second part).

Shauna