Peter Rooney

Default Scroll Bar missing "Control" tab in "Format Properties" dialog box

Good afternoon, all,

I have a scroll bar on a worksheet that, which when I right click and click
"Format Control" displays a dialog box with "Size", "Protection",
"Properties", "Web" and "Control" tabs, the latter of which allows me to
soecify maximum and minimum values and link the scrollbar to a cell to
display a value between the min and max, depending on the position of the
button within the scrollbar.

However, when I create subsequent scrollbars, the "Control" tab is absent.
Can anyone enlighten me as to what is going on?

Thanks in advance

Pete

Jim Rech

The scrollbar with Control is a Forms toolbar control and the others are
Control Toolbox controls.

--
Jim
"Peter Rooney" wrote in message
| Good afternoon, all,
|
| I have a scroll bar on a worksheet that, which when I right click and
click
| "Format Control" displays a dialog box with "Size", "Protection",
| "Properties", "Web" and "Control" tabs, the latter of which allows me to
| soecify maximum and minimum values and link the scrollbar to a cell to
| display a value between the min and max, depending on the position of the
| button within the scrollbar.
|
| However, when I create subsequent scrollbars, the "Control" tab is absent.
| Can anyone enlighten me as to what is going on?
|
| Thanks in advance
|
| Pete

Dave Peterson

There is a scrollbar on the Forms toolbar and a scrollbar on the control toolbox
toolbar.

The one that is missing the control tab is from the control toolbox toolbar.

Delete that scrollbar and add one from the Forms toolbar and you'll be happy
again.

Peter Rooney wrote:

Good afternoon, all,

I have a scroll bar on a worksheet that, which when I right click and click
"Format Control" displays a dialog box with "Size", "Protection",
"Properties", "Web" and "Control" tabs, the latter of which allows me to
soecify maximum and minimum values and link the scrollbar to a cell to
display a value between the min and max, depending on the position of the
button within the scrollbar.

However, when I create subsequent scrollbars, the "Control" tab is absent.
Can anyone enlighten me as to what is going on?

Thanks in advance

Pete

--

Dave Peterson
Peter Rooney

Default Scroll Bar missing "Control" tab in "Format Properties" dialog

Dave,

That sorted it.

Thanks very much!

Pete

Peter Rooney wrote:

Good afternoon, all,

I have a scroll bar on a worksheet that, which when I right click and click
"Format Control" displays a dialog box with "Size", "Protection",
"Properties", "Web" and "Control" tabs, the latter of which allows me to
soecify maximum and minimum values and link the scrollbar to a cell to
display a value between the min and max, depending on the position of the
button within the scrollbar.

However, when I create subsequent scrollbars, the "Control" tab is absent.
Can anyone enlighten me as to what is going on?

Thanks in advance

Pete

--

Dave Peterson

Peter Rooney

Jim,

That sorted it.

Thanks very much.

Pete

"Jim Rech" wrote:

The scrollbar with Control is a Forms toolbar control and the others are
Control Toolbox controls.

--
Jim
"Peter Rooney" wrote in message
| Good afternoon, all,
|
| I have a scroll bar on a worksheet that, which when I right click and
click
| "Format Control" displays a dialog box with "Size", "Protection",
| "Properties", "Web" and "Control" tabs, the latter of which allows me to
| soecify maximum and minimum values and link the scrollbar to a cell to
| display a value between the min and max, depending on the position of the
| button within the scrollbar.
|
| However, when I create subsequent scrollbars, the "Control" tab is absent.
| Can anyone enlighten me as to what is going on?
|
| Thanks in advance
|
| Pete

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RaY RaY is offline