Numbers in a column won't add up

Old December 29th 09, 10:57 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
duane

Default Numbers in a column won't add up

We use ACCESS to export schedules in to Excel. When we try to run Excel to
add up a column of numbers, the column will never add up. The only way that
we can do this is to manually replace each number in the column, then run the
formula again.

We have tried to change the format of the number in the cell to everything,
Number, Currency, Accounting, but none will work. The numbers are 1.00,
1.25, these types of digits.

Any ideas on why Excel will not add numbers that are exported from ACCESS??

Old December 29th 09, 11:09 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mike H

Duane,

Maybe the numbers are really text. Try this. Put a 1 (one) in a cell and
copy it. Select these 'numbers', Right click and select 'Paste Special'.
Select 'Multiply' and click OK and then see if they will add up.

Mike