How to number only rows used --

Old September 15th 09, 05:12 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Paula

Default How to number only rows used --

I'm trying to automatically number rows that have been used, example if there
is a number in B17 then in A17 is one, if there isn't a number in B18, leave
bank and is a number in B19 then in A19 it would enter 2 --
--
Thanks so much--Paula
Old September 15th 09, 05:18 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
T. Valko

Try this formula entered in A17:

=IF(B17="","",COUNTA(B$17:B17))

Copy down as needed.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

Old September 15th 09, 05:19 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mike H

Hi,

Put this in A1 and drag down as far as required.

=IF(ISNUMBER(B1),COUNT($B$1:B1),"")

Old September 15th 09, 05:29 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Paula

Hi Mike -- Wonderful!! worked perfect--
--
Thanks so much--Paula

Old September 15th 09, 05:45 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mike H

Glad I could help

Old September 15th 09, 06:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Paula

Thanks for the info -- This works also --
--
Thanks so much--Paula

Old September 15th 09, 06:34 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
T. Valko

Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP