Auto Sum equivalent for Subtract / Multiply / Divide

Old July 15th 09, 12:29 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ragde

Default Auto Sum equivalent for Subtract / Multiply / Divide

Is there an Auto Sum equivalent or similar for Subtract / Multiply / Divide???
Old July 15th 09, 12:41 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bernard Liengme[_3_]

If by 'autosum' you mean the SUM function, then you might wish to know about
PRODUCT
Just as =SUM(A1:A15) performs the operation A1+A2+A3+A4+A5, so
=PRODUCT(A1:A15) finds A1*A2*A3*A4*A5

I suppose subtract might be =-SUM(A1:A5) and divide could be
=1/PRODUCT(A1:A5)

best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

Old July 15th 09, 01:12 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ragde

I mean the SUM result appearing on the Task Bar when a range if numeric cells
are selected.

Old July 15th 09, 01:37 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
NBVC[_93_]

Those are not available

Right-click on the status bar to see what functions are available.

--
NBVC

Where there is a will there are many ways.
'The Code Cage' (http;//www.thecodecage.com)
NBVC's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=74
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...d.php?t=116139