How do I remove/edit a huge page number in the middle of a workshe

Old June 2nd 09, 05:23 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
dns324

Default How do I remove/edit a huge page number in the middle of a workshe

I use Excel 2007. I have a huge page number in the middle of my worksheet. It
covers about a dozen cells and is dark gray. It is apparently not in the
background because "remove background" is not available. It is also
apparently not a watermark since the page number changes when the page
changes. It is in neither a header nor a footer. What is this thing and how
can I remove or edit it?

Thanks.
Old June 2nd 09, 05:44 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jacob Skaria

Go to the 'View'menu and click on 'Normal'

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

Old June 2nd 09, 05:51 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jacob Skaria

Default How do I remove/edit a huge page number in the middle of a wor

For 2007 it would be under View-->Workbook Views

If this post helps click Yes
Jacob Skaria

Old June 2nd 09, 03:30 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben

The why of it................You are in PageBreak view and the number cannot
be removed.

Change to Normal view as Jacob points out.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP