sumif, countif, datedif formula

Old May 24th 09, 06:21 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
v1rt8

Default sumif, countif, datedif formula

K3:K1408 contain dates of hire i.e. 4/30/2007
would like to count how many were hired in year 2007, 1999, etc.. how what
would be the formula, is it a nested formula? at a loss. really do not want
to make a separate column just to provide the year then do a countif column.
thanks for help
Old May 24th 09, 06:36 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Jacob Skaria

The below will return the number of entries of year 2007.

=SUMPRODUCT(--(YEAR(K3:K1408)=2007))

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

Old May 24th 09, 07:20 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ron Rosenfeld

On Sun, 24 May 2009 10:21:01 -0700, v1rt8 >
wrote:

>K3:K1408 contain dates of hire i.e. 4/30/2007
>would like to count how many were hired in year 2007, 1999, etc.. how what
>would be the formula, is it a nested formula? at a loss. really do not want
>to make a separate column just to provide the year then do a countif column.
>thanks for help

You can use COUNTIF also:

For 2007, something like:

=COUNTIF(K3:K1408,">="&DATE(2007,1,1)) - COUNTIF(K3:K1408,">"&DATE(2007,12,31))
--ron
Old May 25th 09, 02:56 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ashish Mathur[_2_]

Hi,

If you are looking for a non-formula approach, you can use pivot tables a
well. Just pivot the data and drag th dates column in the row and data
area. Now Group the dates in the row area by years and you can now see the
count of hires by year

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com