Excel - how to autofill thousands of cells quickly

Old May 10th 08, 06:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dennis H

Default Excel - how to autofill thousands of cells quickly

I have a spreadsheet with 35000 rows. Is there an easy way to autofill a
formula for all of the rows instead of dragging down all 35000 rows?
Old May 10th 08, 06:19 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Don Guillett

Sub fillemfast()
Range("c2:c35000").Formula = "=a2"
End Sub

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"Dennis H" <Dennis

Old May 10th 08, 06:36 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Otto Moehrbach[_2_]

Say you have data in Column A all the way down to 35000 rows. In cell B1,
enter your formula. Move the mouse cursor until it is over the fill handle
of that cell. Double-click the left mouse button. Done. Otto

Old May 10th 08, 06:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Edit|goto
Type:
A1:A35000
(or whatever the address of that range is)

This will select that range

Then type your formula for the top cell, but hit ctrl-enter to fill all the
cells in the selection.

Old May 10th 08, 08:03 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben

If you have the formula already entered in A1, follow Dave's advice except hit
Ctrl + d not Ctrl + Enter

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sat, 10 May 2008 10:08:01 -0700, Dennis H <Dennis