How can I link one cell to related PDF document?

Old February 16th 08, 02:46 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Claire

Default How can I link one cell to related PDF document?

How can I link one cell with other file ex. PDF, Word, or Excel?

For Example, when I look at the info. in A3 cell, and I want it to be
relating to another PDF file, is there way i can link it to a PDF file?
Old February 16th 08, 03:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
JLatham

There are two ways to handle this depending on whether or not the cell (A3)
has a formula in it or just has data in it.

If it has a formula, choose the cell and use Insert | Hyperlink and follow
the prompts to locate the associated file.

If it just has typed in data you can use the previous method, or if you're
making new entries, you can enter it with the HYPERLINK() worksheet formula,
as:
=HYPERLINK("http://www.msn.com","Microsoft Site Link")

Once you've added the hyperlink, if you're in versions of Excel before 2007,
clicking the cell will open the link. If you want to choose the cell without
opening the link you kind of have to sneak up on it using other methods (as
the arrow keys) to get to it. In Excel 2007, to open the link you have to
click the cell and hold the mouse button down for a short time.