how many tabs on a excel spreadsheet can you have?

Old August 23rd 06, 07:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Deabug

Default how many tabs on a excel spreadsheet can you have?

I have a single working Excel Document, with additional tabs for spreadsheets
on it, what is the maximum number that I can have on one Excel document?
Old August 23rd 06, 08:03 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben

The tabs are named worksheet tabs, not spreadsheet tabs.

Help on "specifications" reads default number of sheets in a new workbook is
255.

You may add more after opening depending upon your resources available.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

Old August 23rd 06, 09:53 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dave F

As many as your RAM allows.
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.