Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Rusty

Default Advanced filter using dates

I have a column formatted as a date field and need to do advanced filtering
on it. For example, I want to filter out entries between two dates. When I
build the criteria range and use a single criteria, everything works as
expected. When I add the second criteria (1/31/05 and <3/1/05 to see only
Feb. entries) the filter doesn't function. I've tried both entries in the
same column, adding a second "Date" column and putting each entry on a
separate line under both, and nothing seems to work. Any suggestions would
be welcome. Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Debra Dalgleish

Enter the criteria in separate columns, and in the same row.

There's an example he

http://www.contextures.com/xladvfilter01.html#Criteria

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Rusty

Thanks Debra, that seemed to work. I thought I had tried that as well as
separate lines, but apparently not. Your assistance is greatly appreciated.
Rusty

Rusty wrote:
I have a column formatted as a date field and need to do advanced filtering
on it. For example, I want to filter out entries between two dates. When I
build the criteria range and use a single criteria, everything works as
expected. When I add the second criteria (1/31/05 and <3/1/05 to see only
Feb. entries) the filter doesn't function. I've tried both entries in the
same column, adding a second "Date" column and putting each entry on a
separate line under both, and nothing seems to work. Any suggestions would
be welcome. Thanks!

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

Junior Member

I made a template about - Filter Records Between Two Dates Using Combo Boxes -

Records in between two specific dates easily can be filtered using drop-down lists . Drop-down lists were
filled with unique values as ascending order using Ado connection. Thus, it is easier to choose between
the dates on the worksheet.
The filtered data can be copied to other sheet if it wished.

Watch the video to see how it's done :https://youtu.be/baHyGS7i9n0